|1. The auxiliary port of Keelung Port.
2. The major operational center in the northern Taiwan for sea-borne cargo liners.
3. The major port for general cargo and the center for transshipment in the northern part.
4. The major port for around-the-Island shipping.
5. International logistics center.
|The goal of Taipei Port:
|1. To facilitate the transportation of the sand & gravel from the east to the north.
2. To share the volume of the general cargo of Keelung Port.
3. To share the growing volume of the containers in the north, to alleviate the pressure resulting from north-container transporting to the south.
to meet the need for volume of local containers and bulk cargo; to share volume of general cargo of Keelung Port.
to develop into the container storage and shipment center; to extend the functions of harbor service; to be an internationalized modern port fully compatible with international port development trend.
|toward development of diversification of port functions; to create a business environment of high-profit& low-pollution; to bring about regional prosperity and to uplift quality living environment; to attract private investment and management, and to escape traditional operational mode of management and to be operated in the "Landlord" manner.
|Planned Biggest Type of Ship coming into port:
|Type of Cargo
||Type of Ship
||Super-Panamax Container Vessels
||Super-Panamax Bulk Carriers
|Bulk Liquefied Cargo
||Panamax Bulk Liquefied Cargo Carriers
||Bulk Cargo Carriers
|Passengers and Cargo ships
|Passengers and Cargo ships
|Overall Placement Plan:
|Taipei Port Area:
Land area is 1,038 Hectares; water area is 2,064 Hectares; with a total of 3,102 Hectares.
Outlying and Water facilities:
1. Outlying Facilities:
(1) Construction Phase I : 2,160 meters.
(2) Construction Phase II : 7,550 meters.
(3) Construction Phase III and Long-term construction plan: 12,925 meters.
2. Water Area:
(1) Inbound Fairway: 300 meters wide; -16 meters deep.
(2) Inbound Turning Basin: the diameter is 720meters, and -16meters deep.
(3) Outbound Fairway: 350~525m wide, and -16meters deep.
(4) Outbound Turning Basin:the diameter is 900 meters, and-16meters deep.
59 designed wharves, including 48 operational wharves and 11 non-operational wharves.
(1) East Wharves Area: 20 wharves.
(2) North Wharves Area: 17 wharves.
(3) South Wharves Area: 22 wharves.
(1) Offshore Warehousing.
(2) Pleasure boat anchorage.
(3)Water-oriented Recreational Area.
|Phased Development Plan:
|(1) Construction Phase I:
began in 1993 and was completed in December, 1998.
(2) Construction Program of Outlying Breakwaters:
The construction was launched in 1997, and completed in August, 2008
(3) Construction Phase II:
There are 3 five-year programs executed from 1997 to 2011. Upon the completion of the second phase, there will be 28 wharves (19 operational wharves, and 9 port duty wharves), and the water area will be 2,833 hectares; land area will be 269 hectares.
(4) Construction Phase III:
46 wharves are predicted to be completed from year 2012 to 2021 (35 operational wharves; 11 port duty wharves), and the water area will be 2,675 hectares, the land area 427 hectares.
(5) Long-Term Development Plan:
After 2022, overall discussion and amendment will be held depending on the need for future maritime development, business environment, and the willingness of private investment.